A 100% whole wheat bread will have a coarser texture than bread make with a mix of Whole Wheat and All Purpose Flour
Bake: 375 Fo for 30 – 35 minutes.
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup honey or dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons soft shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 51/2 – 6 cups Whole wheat flour
- In mixing bowl place in order all ingredients except flour.
- Add flour gradually to make a stiff dough.
- Knead on a well-floured surfaced until smooth and satiny, eight to ten minutes.
- Place in greased bowl.
- Cover. let rise in warm place until doubled, 11/2 – 2 hours.
- Divide in half. Shape into balls.
- Cover with bowl; let rest 15 minutes, shape into loaves.
- Place in well-greased pan, 9×5 or 8×4.
- Cover; let rise until light and double, about an hour.
- Bake at 375F0 for 30 to 35 minutes, or until deep golden brown.